Battlefield Emotions 1500-1800 Practices, Experience, Imagination, Hardcove
Military action involves extraordinary modes of emotional experience and affective control of the soldier, and it evokes strong emotional reactions in society at large. While emotional experiences of actors and observers may differ radically, they can also be tightly connected through social interaction, cultural representations and mediatisation.
Th integrates psychological, social and cultural perspectives on the battlefield, looking at emotional behaviour, expression and representation in a great variety of primary source material. In three steps it discusses the emotional practices in the army, the emotional experiences of the individual combatant and the emotions of the mediated battlefield in the visual arts. This item is in the category "Books & Magazines\Books". The seller is "greatbookprices1" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to North, South, or Latin America, all countries in Europe, Japan, Australia.
- ISBN: 9781137564894
- EAN: 9781137564894
- Publication Year: 2016
- Format: Hardcover
- Language: English
- Book Title: Battlefield Emotions 1500-1800 : Practices, Experience, Imagination
- Author: Cornelis Van Der Haven
- Item Length: 8.3in.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan The Limited
- Genre: Psychology, History, Social Science
- Topic: Sociology / General, Military / General, Europe / General, Emotions
- Item Width: 5.8in.
- Item Weight: 181.9 Oz
- Number of Pages: Xiii, 303 Pages